Total Ascent : 1330 m / Total Descent : 976 mView track on Garmin.com View simulation on YouTube
- Start at Race Hotel Manzanil in Loja. Tarmac road becomes dirt and rock after 3km.
- Hard ascent through desert landscape. Very little shade to CP1 at approx. 11km.
- Undulating, arid track to CP2 at approx. 21km.
- Gradual descent on track to approx. 5km of new tarmac and CP3 at approx. 31km.
- Continue on track to right turn, approx. 2km steep climb around Los Tajos Olive Co-op.
- Approx. 3 km to Stage Finish in town center of Alhama de Granada. Transport to race village at Municipal Sports Center.
View Stage Two →
Note: Route and itinerary are subject to change depending on weather and natural changes to the environment throughout the year. Final elevation gain / loss, Checkpoint Distances / Closing Times will be confirmed at the event briefing.
A ‘Road Book’ with marked stage maps, descriptions, and grid references will be issued on race registration days. The route will be marked every 200 – 500m, monitored by Check Point teams with medical staff (approximately every 10 -12 km) and patrolled by motorcycle marshals.