Total Ascent : 2031 m / Total Descent : 2083 mView track on Garmin.com View simulation on YouTube
- Depart El Bacal campsite and follow single-track alongside the River Turillas to the edge of Jayena.
- Turn left to begin hard climb towards forest airstrip.
- Single-track to leads to road into town of Fornes and CP1 at approx. 9km.
- Follow undulating tarmac road onto track of Lake Bermejales. Continue on track to Arenas del Rey.
- Pass Arenas del Rey chapel and continue on lakeside track. Intermediate water available at approx. 17km.
- Continue on lake track to spillway and CP2 at approx. 23km.
- Begin hard ascent with little shade towards Agron Tower and CP3 at approx. 30km.
- Descent on track to town of Cacin and CP4 at approx. 40km.
- Continue through poplar groves and begin hard ascent to Pocopaja and CP5 at approx. 47km.
- Turn left and continue on track with very little shade towards town of Alhama de Granada.
- Road junction at 53km leads to more shadeless track and CP6 at approx. 57km.
- Difficult undulating farm track leads to final single-track and finish in El Motor campsite at approx. 67km.
← View Stage Three View Stage Five →
Note: Route and itinerary are subject to change depending on weather and natural changes to the environment throughout the year. Final elevation gain / loss, Checkpoint Distances / Closing Times will be confirmed at the event briefing.
A ‘Road Book’ with marked stage maps, descriptions, and grid references will be issued on race registration days. The route will be marked every 200 – 500m, monitored by Check Point teams with medical staff (approximately every 10 -12 km) and patrolled by motorcycle marshals.