Total Ascent : 1500 m / Total Descent : 1540 mView stats on Garmin.com
- Depart El Bacal campsite and follow single-track alongside the River Turillas to the edge of Jayena.
- Turn left to begin hard climb towards forest airstrip.
- Single-track to leads to road into town of Fornes and CP1 at approx. 9km.
- Follow undulating tarmac road onto track of Lake Bermejales. Continue on track to Arenas del Rey.
- Pass Arenas del Rey chapel and continue on lakeside track. Intermediate water available at approx. 17km.
- Continue on lake track to spillway and CP2 at approx. 23km.
- Begin hard ascent with little shade towards Agron Tower and CP3 at approx. 30km.
- Descent on track to town of Cacin and CP4 at approx. 40km.
- Continue through poplar groves and continue on tarmac past Cacin.
- Begin ascent on track to CP5 at approx. 49km.
- Continue on single track for 2.5km to tarmac with little shade towards town of Alhama de Granada.
- Road junction at 53km leads to more shadeless track and CP6 at approx. 58km.
- Descent on farm track leads to broken asphalt road and ascent to final single-track.
- Finish in El Motor campsite at approx. 67km.
← View Stage Three View Stage Five →
Note: Route and itinerary are subject to change depending on weather and natural changes to the environment throughout the year. Final elevation gain / loss, Checkpoint Distances / Closing Times will be confirmed at the event briefing.
A ‘Road Book’ with marked stage maps, descriptions, and grid references will be issued on race registration days. The route will be marked every 100 – 500m, monitored by Checkpoint teams approximately every 10km, and patrolled by vehicle support.