Al Andalus Ultimate Trail is a 5-stage, 230km ultra-marathon in Southern Spain. Mountain and desert tracks lead to traditional villages with storied pasts. The intense sun, technical trails, and scenic natural parks have earned “Al Andalus” the highest respect of the international running community. Each race day offers a new challenge and the end of each stage is an opportunity to enjoy the local culture and ambiance of the beautiful Granada Province. The race is:
- Semi-supported with Race Kit Bags brought forward to campsites with facilities, refreshment, massage, and meals available (see details).
- Run through stretches of the famous GR-7 footpath and the Sierra Loja, Tejeda, Almijara, and Alhama natural parks, nationally-protected areas rich in agriculture and history.
- Aid stations approximately every 10km.
- Race marshals, stage maps, and route markings.
- On-site Race Organizers, 24-hr medical staff and support.
- Limited to 100 participants.
- Race hotel is 30-minutes from Granada airport; 60-minutes from Malaga airport.
- A 3-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
Al Andalus Ultimate Trail is a memorable 5 days of trail running with ultra-runners from all over the world. This year will be our 6th edition. We’re proud of AAUT and grateful to the high level of competitors that make the race enjoyable. Browse through the galleries, testimonials, race itinerary and routes, and we’ll see you in July!