Al Andalus Ultimate Trail is a 5-stage (230km) ultra-marathon in Southern Spain with numerous long climbs (7,200 meters of ascent/descent), technical trails, and extreme heat (30-40C). Over 90% is off-road mountain and desert track with occasional stretches of tarmac. The race is challenging and the end of each day offers an opportunity to relax and enjoy the local culture and ambiance of the beautiful Granada Province in the heart of Andalucia. The race is:
- Semi-supported with Race Kit Bags brought forward to staged campsites with facilities, refreshment, massage and meals available (see details).
- Designed for the participant to concentrate only on running through incredibly diverse and scenic landscapes.
- Complete with water stations approximately every 10km, race marshals, stage maps, and route markings.
- Through stretches of the famous GR-7 footpath and the Sierra Loja, Tejeda, Almijara, and Alhama natural parks, nationally-protected areas rich in agriculture and history.
- Complete with on-site Race Director, 24-hr medical staff and support, quaint Andalucian villages, and communal campsites.
- Limited to 100 participants for more personalized attention and a uniquely accessible international atmosphere.
- Documented by photography and video.
- A 3-point UTMB qualifier for finishers.
Al Andalus Ultimate Trail is for anyone serious about ultra- and trail running: a must-do on the list of international race accomplishments. Have a look around the website and register for this amazing event. We look forward to seeing you!